Welcome to The Machine Learning Institute Certificate in Finance (MLI)
The MLI is the world’s most comprehensive professional machine learning certificate in quantitative finance. The seven-month part-time course is comprised of 2 levels, Self-paced Primers & Introduction Suite on registration, 8 modules, 36 lectures, practical examples, case studies & exercises, module tests (Students get two attempts at each module test), a practical final project and a final examination. New lectures for cohort 10 include:
- Training LLMs for Quant Finance
- Generative Modeling with Normalizing Flows: Foundations and Applications
- Foundation NLP Models for ESG data extraction
- Building Neural Networks
- Deep learning, machine intelligence and consciousness
New Deep Learning Module Exercise:
- Predict Corporate Bond Spread Changes
Lifelong Learning, half day workshop: A Practical Guide to Customizing Large Language Models (LLMs)
How you’ll learn The MLI
- Students are awarded the prestigious MLI certificate
- 36 lectures over 8 modules.
- Dedicated Faculty Support, available every step of the way.
- Student forum answered within 24 hours.
- Flexible dedicated webinar for each level.
- All lectures are recorded and can be accessed at any time in your personalised educational portal.
- Qualify from anywhere in the world, on a part-time basis with fully flexible study options.
- Over 500 alumni have now chosen the MLI, in over 40 countries.
- Taught by practitioners for practitioners with expert teaching and support
- Acquire the knowledge, tools and techniques used by financial institutions in the real world
- Highly valued by employers throughout the world.
Primers & Introduction Suite on Registration:
- Mathematics for Machine Learning
- Python for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Python Techniques
8 Modules / 36 Lectures
- Supervised learning
- Deep learning
- Unsupervised learning and alternative data
- Practitioner’s approach to machine learning
- Reinforcement learning
- Time Series
- NLP, Generative AI & Large Language Models
- Quantum machine learning
Examination & Final Project
After completion of Module 8 students sit the unseen written examination. The exam is taken on the same day worldwide.
Final Examination: Candidates will sit a formal examination which can be taken from any global location online using our live invigilation platform.
Final Project: At the end of the programme, candidates apply the theoretical and practical skills acquired to a real world application within the financial services industry.
- UK: 6.00pm
- UAE: 9.00pm
- CET: 7.00pm
- S. Africa: 7.00pm
- India: 10.30pm
- EST: 1.00pm
- Brazil: 2.00pm
The Thalesians are a group of dedicated professionals with an interest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML), quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
Please also visit our main Thalesians web page here too (www.thalesians.com) to learn more about us!
NTT DATA Europe & Latam was born from the alliance between everis (with a presence in Europe and Latin America) and NTT DATA EMEA (with a presence mainly in the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany and Romania) to bring transformation and innovation to clients in Europe and Latin America. es.nttdata.com
The Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) are experts in numerical algorithms, software engineering and high-performance computing. They have served the finance industry with numerical software and consulting services for over four decades because of their outstanding product quality and technical support. Specifically, relevant to the finance industry, NAG pioneer in the provision of the NAG Library – numerical, machine learning and statistical components ideal for building Quant Libraries, Risk Applications and the like.
NAG also provides best-in-class C++ operator-overloading AD tools for CPU and GPU called dco (derivative computation through overloading) and dco/map (dco meta adjoint programming). The NAG Library and AD tools are used by many of the largest Investment Banks where they are embedded in Quant Libraries and XVA applications. As a not-for-profit company, NAG reinvests surpluses into the research and development of its products, services, staff and its collaborations. www.nag.com