The MLI transforming your career
This course has been designed to empower individuals who work in or are seeking a career in machine learning in finance. Throughout our unique MLI programme, candidates work with hands-on assignments designed to illustrate the algorithms studied and to experience first-hand the practical challenges involved in the design and successful implementation of machine learning models. The MLI is a career-enhancing professional certificate, that can be taken worldwide.
Support your colleagues learning journey, in their current and future company roles
Over 300 candidates have now taken the MLI from some of the world’s most prestigious financial institutions including: JP Morgan, BNP Paribas, Mitsubishi UFJ, Bank for International Settlements, Emirates NBD, Deloitte, UniCredit Bank AG, Credit Suisse, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, CIBC.
World Class Machine Learning, AI and Financial Certificate
The MLI is a graduate-level professional certificate, internationally renowned and a solid demonstration of individual commitment to career development.
- Lifelong Learning: All MLI certified students will have access to any updated syllabus, as part of our lifelong learning commitment.
- Employee Retention: Employee talent attraction & retention can be enhanced and loyalty fostered via the MLI’s cutting edge topics and world class faculty.
- Direct Workplace Knowledge Transference: The highly practical nature of the certificate allows employees to directly use their newly obtained knowledge in your workplace environment. The MLI is a career-enhancing professional certificate.
Qualify from anywhere in the world
- Seven-month part-time global programme delivered twice a year.
- All lectures streamed live over the Internet and recorded. Lectures can be viewed at any time.
- Study while working: career-enhancing certificate that can be taken worldwide.
The MLI delivers learning of practical value, developed and taught by highly experienced practitioners.
Expert teaching and support
The MLI Faculty is an acclaimed team of instructors combining respected academics and renowned practitioners, all specialists in the field of Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence .The Faculty provides mentoring and support during the course and all members are accessible by email or via the online MLI Forum.
Benefit from over 300 hours, exploring the current trends within quantitative finance
Prior to the start of the MLI students are given access to our world class quantitative finance online resource, in preparation for the certificate and to enhance your future learning. This resource offers over 300 hours of the latest research and cutting edge techniques.
MLI Online Primer Resource:
- Maths Primer Refresher Material: For each topic (Linear Algebra, Optimization, Probability & Statistics), there will be a specific quiz to test initial background knowledge. We recommend that you first attempt answering the quiz exercises without looking at any material.
- Python Primer for Data Science. Presented by Nikolaos Aletras, Lecturer at The University of Sheffield
- Recorded Primer: Python for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. Presented by Paul Bilokon: Founder, CEO, Thalesians & Senior Quantitative Consultant, BNP Paribas
- Recorded Primer: Advanced Python Techniques. Presented by Paul Bilokon: Founder, CEO, Thalesians & Senior Quantitative Consultant, BNP Paribas
Additional MLI Learning Resource:
- Big Data, High-Frequency Data, and Machine Learning with kdb+/q Workshop. Presented by Paul Bilokon: Founder, CEO, Thalesians & Senior Quantitative Consultant, BNP Paribas.
- Big Data and High-Frequency Data with kdb+/q Workshop. Presented by Paul Bilokon: Founder, CEO, Thalesians & Senior Quantitative Consultant, BNP Paribas
Latest Quantitative Finance Conferences:
You will be able to receive up to 400 CPD points for completing this course
The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 as the independent CPD accreditation institution operating across industry sectors to complement the CPD policies of professional and academic bodies. The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD principles.
MLI Alumni testimonials
I was searching for a course regarding the ML/DL application to finance. I have found an excellent choice, the one proposed by MLI. The course provides a global overview of the ML/DL technique applied to financial cases starting from the beginning; up to a medium depth. Participants who want to learn more about specific topics can ask instructors for additional sources and material. A previous exposition to python and ML/DL is advisable, but it is not mandatory.
The lessons provide the right midground between theory and practice. In particular the python notebooks released by the instructors are very useful to understand how to correctly design a ML/DL model. In the end the course is held by professors with proven experience in the finance world. In my opinion, it is an excellent starting point to explore and to understand the environment of ML/DL in the finance context. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to start to apply the ML /DL methods to his/her financial activities.
Giovanni Paolinelli Ph.D.
Quantitative Asset Trader, Danske Commodities
Giovanni Paolinelli Ph.D. : Quantitative Asset Trader, Danske Commodities
- Quantitative Power Trader, UK desk: Falck (2021-2022)
- Quantitative Analyst: Mediobanca (1yr contract – 2019-2020)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics Applied to Finance: Politecnico di Milano (2015-2019)
- Master degree in Mathematics: University Milano-Bicocca (2012-2014)
“Currently, I am a consultant combining data science and machine learning. Formerly, I was a Treasury executive focused on developing data-driven insights for asset and liability management, and managed a 16-billion retail option portfolio to maintain minimal rate risk in the banking book.
I highly recommend the Machine Learning Institute Certificate in Finance to anyone who wishes to effectively apply the latest tools in predictive modelling and data science.
This program covered a good balance between theory and practice. The practicums provided excellent jumping off points for my own use cases. I often started with code provided by the instructors to do what I needed, especially in natural language processing and cross-validation.
The material and techniques were current and taught by experienced finance industry practitioners who actually use the techniques they taught.
Using the knowledge and techniques I learned in this program, I now possess the ability to explore current research in ML/AI more effectively and productively.”
Consultant – Advanced Quantitative Solutions
Cameron Wicentowich: Consultant – Advanced Quantitative Solutions
“Currently, I work as a portfolio manager at an asset management firm in Latin America. I have developed my career in investment management for 6 years and I believe that machine learning is a new way to improve your set of skills and also it gives you new tools to analyze financial markets. The importance that machine learning is having in the investment decision process and how these tools are changing the finance industry should motivate investment management professionals to learn these new techniques.
In this manner, I totally recommend the Machine Learning Institute Certificate because it gives you the tools to learn in a practical and easy way the several models that can be used in the finance industry. I learned from linear regression and regularization to Neural Networks and the professors are very experienced and proficient in using these tools. Finally, I will be using the knowledge and tools that I learned in my investment and research process as a portfolio manager.”
Portfolio Manager, Credicorp Capital
Jair Daviran: Portfolio Manager, Credicorp Capital
As a financial systems engineer until now I had developed systems using financial engineering. In the future I will need to develop financial systems using machine learning, so I took MLI to acquire the necessary skills.
During your MLI journey wherever you are in the world, you can take the practical machine learning lectures from university professors, bankers and instructors from well-known global companies. There are many machine learning courses, but there are few courses where you can learn machine learning on the subject of quantitative finance, and I think that is the greatest attraction of MLI. MLI’s lessons begin with Python and performance tuning, and cover a wide range of areas necessary for financial practice, such as supervised learning, unsupervised learning, natural language processing, deep learning, reinforcement learning, deep learning volatility and time-series analysis. The MLI lectures are given in the evening UK time, but the time difference is not so important because the videos can be used.
I’m a non-native English speaker, but now we also have automatic subtitles. I recommend MLI as a machine learning course for financial professionals. I have started my machine learning work and will continue to make full use of machine learning in the field of finance.
Professional: NS Solutions Corporation (a subsidiary company of Nippon Steel Corporation)